Saturday, May 13, 2017

Serene Wishes

Hello again!  I've been playing around with the Serene Scenery designer series paper stack from Stampin' Up and came up with a couple of cards this week.  This first post shares the first card I made using the current sketch at Mojo Monday for my card.  I just love this layout because there are so many different ways it can be used!


I've never chosen to use designer series paper with photos in the 10 years I've been crafting but a couple of months ago I changed my mind after I finally had a good look at Serene Scenery (unfortunately, retiring the end of this month), because the images are all so soft and beautiful.  For this card I used the diffused leaf shot for the main image of my card.



The sentiment on the vellum piece is from a long retired Stampin' Up set and was inked up with Versafine ink and heat embossed with white embossing powder.  It was then wrapped around the main image, which had been mounted on a same size piece of white card stock to make it less flimsy.  Once the Olive Green panel was added to the back, I used foam tape to adhere it to the base, where I had added two strips of dsp.  The dotted one is the back side of the leaf image and the striped piece is from SU Brights Designer Series Paper Stack.  Lastly, Pretty Pink Posh Droplets were added.  I love how they look like dew drops on the leaves.


Thanks so much for visiting, it's so appreciated!  Do be sure to use the link above to visit Mojo Monday and enjoy the beautiful inspiration.  And be sure to check back later, I'll be adding a couple more posts.

Stef


Product detail
Stamps:  Holidays & Wishes
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Textured Old Olive, Vellum, Brights dsp stack, Serene Scenery dsp stack
Ink:  Versamark
Other:  White embossing powder, Pretty Pink Posh Droplets

No comments: