Thursday, April 27, 2017

Greetings, Baby!

Hello again!  I've made a fun little baby card for a couple of challenges - the current Color Challenge at Splitcoaststampers using the Stampin' Up! colors of Pink Pirouette, Soft Sky and Smoky Slate, and the wonderful sketch challenge at The Paper Players.



The SU Moon Baby set has some darling baby images, but to fit into the small rectangle on in the sketch, I ended up using the cute image with the little stuffed animals.


I stamped the image in Versafine Onyx Black on Canson watercolor paper and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.  I then water colored the bunny with Smoky Slate ink and the bear with Crumb Cake ink using a watercolor paint brush.  When that dried I added the pink cheeks and ears to all three critters, then used my White Extrafine Sharpie to color the lamb because the watercolor paper is more ivory than white.  Finally, the background was water colored with a light wash of Soft Sky.


Once the panel was dry, I mounted it on a slightly larger rectangle of Smoky Slate that was cut on the bottom with a SU Scallop Border punch.  It was then layered with foam tape on the base that was sporting a strip of pink dsp with hearts that I've long hoarded kept in my stash.  ;-)  Next, the die cut sentiment from the Simon Says Stamp Handlettered Greetings cut from Pink Pirouette card stock was glued to the focal point, just slightly hanging off each side.


Finishing touches included using some Nuvo White Blizzard Glitter Drops to both the interior of the stars and also to create drops, adding Clear Wink of Stella to the little animals, and finally a little flower from the Little Princess sequins from Simon Says Stamp.

I appreciate your visit and hope you'll use the links above to check out all the wonderful inspiration at both of the challenges.

Stef

2 comments:

Jaydee said...

Stef, what a gorgeous baby card. I love the little images and the pearls and sequins are the perfect finishing touch. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

laurie said...

Such a sweet card! Adorable. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!