Monday, February 6, 2017

Bella Valentine

Hello again!  I've made a Valentine's card for one of my grandchildren using the Bella & Friends stamps set.  This little dog is so sweet, I just love this stamp set.  It was a bit of a challenge for me as I used my new Zig Clean Color Markers, so it took 3 attempts to get the blending to work on the main focal image, but I'm happy with the end result.


I started with a Soft Sky panel and created a background design with two small stamps from two different retired SU stamp sets (listed below), then cut it out with the largest Wafer Stitched Rectangle die from Simon Says Stamp.  For the Bella image, I stamped it with Versafine Onyx Black ink on water color paper, then used Zig markers and a water color paint brush to color it.  I started with the lightest color and added layers of the same color marker, then dried with my heat tool before applying the darker color for deeper shadows.  That's when it got a bit interesting as the darker color had a greener base so then I had to go back and add the original brown and blend in...I was grateful it ended up looking okay; it was a bit touch and go for a while! 


I added a light blue around Bella then used a gray to ground her.  After the panel was dry it was cut with a Stitched Shape Circle framelit and mounted on a Cherry Cobbler layer cut with the largest scallop circle Layering Circles framelit.  Before adding it to the Soft Sky panel, a piece of Soft Sky Glitter Ribbon was layered underneath.  Once the circle was in place and trimmed on the right side, the embossed sentiment on a banner of Basic Black card stock was added.


After all was adhered and added to the card stock base, it just seemed I needed one last addition, so I added a little heart to the sentiment that was cut from Cherry Cobbler card stock and cut a couple extra to add to the piece of white card stock added to the inside

I've used the current sketch challenge at Fab Friday for my card design.  I'm also entering this in the current challenges at Paper Player (Valentine theme) and Just Us Girls (Word Week - dog).  I've added the challenge graphics and links below, so be sure to use them to visit and check out all the amazing inspiration!




Thanks you so very much for visiting, and as always, your comments so are so appreciated!  Have a great week!

Stef


Product detail
Stamps:  Bella & Friends, Tin of Cards (heart), P.S. I Love You (sentiment), Bloomin' Love (flower and heart)
Paper:  Whisper White (interior), Soft Sky, Cherry Cobbler, Basic Black, Strathmore Watercolor
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Versamark, Soft Sky
Other:  Stitched Shapes, Layering Circles and Gift Card Envelope and Trims Framelits, Wafer Stitched Rectangles (SSS), Soft Sky Glitter Ribbon, Hero Arts White Embossing Powder, water color paint brush, Zig Clean Color Markers:  Light Brown, Mid Brown, Deep Red, Haze Blue, Gray Tint.

10 comments:

Claire Broadwater said...

Stef, this is adorable! I love the Soft Sky and your little puppy is precious! Such a fun card! Your GRAND will LOVE it! SO happy you joined my challenge at The Paper Players this week! XX

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

OHHHH, how sweet it is?!! Adore that cute image and your coloring, Stef. Thank you for sharing your card with Paper Players!

Heather said...

Aw, what a cute puppy! Your coloring is just perfect - I think your granddaughter will LOVE it! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

Lisa Kind said...

That is one cute puppy! Looks so sweet! Lovely card! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

Unknown said...

Cute card. You did a great job on the shading.
TFS

Super Stamp Girl said...

Stef, this is such a cute card! I just love the subtle background stamping you did! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Craft Crew this week! Crystal, DT

stampwithsandy said...

Aww, who could say no to that cute little pup?! Such a cute Valentine! Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Players, Stef!

LeAnne said...

OH MY GOSH....this little pup just leaped out at me from the gallery and I had to pop in for a better look! He's ADORABLE! Your coloring is superb...reminds me of illustrations by Joan Walsh Anglund from way back...love her stuff! Thanks for sharing this at the Paper Players this week! It's the sweetest!!!

Amanda Mertz said...

Sooooo cute! I think your coloring is just perfect to show off adorable Bella! I love it all! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

Bada-Bing Creations said...

This is just too adorable! That puppy is colored perfectly and I love how the rest of it is so simple so it really just stands out! Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!