Saturday, January 14, 2017

Helping Thoughts

Hi there!  Today the card I'm sharing was made for the current challenge at Freshly Made Sketches.  I never seem to have sympathy or sympathy type cards on hand when I need them, so I thought I would make one that could be used for that purpose.


I started by masking off a portion of the daisy stamp from Helping Me Grow, inking the unmasked part with Basic Black ink, pulled off the mask and then stamped on watercolor paper.  Using a watercolor paintbrush, the flower was colored with a very watered down Cherry Cobbler, after adding a So Saffron center.  Pear Pizzazz was used for the stem and then Soft Sky was painted around the images.


After the panel dried it was mounted on a slightly larger rectangle of Soft Sky card stock, then a slim piece of Textured Cherry Cobbler was added to the side, then the entire piece was popped up on Dimensionals.  I tried running various sentiments up the side of the focal point to follow the sketch but they were either too big or too small - nothing in the Goldilocks size  ; - ) because I wanted to keep the focal point to the left side of the card.  So I ended up using a sentiment from Wherever You Go, stamping it on a small oval of watercolor paper, added an accompanying oval of Soft Sky underneath and attached it to the panel.


After mounting the panel on a Thick Whisper White base, a few Soft Sky and Silver sequins were scattered around the card.  I finished the card by wrapping Linen Thread around the upper part and tying a small bow.

Thanks so much for your visit, I really appreciate it!  I've added a link above to the FMS challenge, so be sure to head over there for all the beautiful inspiration!

Stef


Product detail
Stamps:  Helping Me Grow, Wherever You Go
Paper:  Soft Sky, Textured Cherry Cobbler, Thick Whisper White, Watercolor
Ink:  Basic Black, Soft Sky Cherry Cobbler, Pear Pizzazz, So Saffron
Other:  Fancy Frost and Metallic Sequins, Small Oval Punch, Linen Thread

1 comment:

Jen Mitchell said...

Such a lovely, thoughtful card. The flowers are so beautifully colored. Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!