Sunday, August 28, 2016

Much Appreciated

Hello and welcome back!  A quick post with a card made for two great challenges - the sketch challenge at Global Design Project and this week's challenge at Colour Q using Melon Mambo, Blackberry Bliss, Soft Sky, Old Olive and White.  Wow, this color combination was right in my wheel house so I had to join in!


I love both the floral stamps from Helping Me Grow, but this one is a bit more challenging to water color with shading due to the small the flower petals.  However, my third try worked out better (phew!) and after the flowers were dry, I painted a Soft Sky wash in the background.  Using a heat tool, I dried the background then added part of the sentiment.  The word "Thanks" was stamped on a scrap of water color paper, cut out with the Decorative Label Punch, then adhered to the back of the panel.  To really make things pop against the Blackberry Bliss card base, Melon Mambo 1/8" Stitched Ribbon was wrapped around each end of the panel, then popped up on Dimensionals.  Sequins and pearls finished things off.


That's it - pretty simple once the water coloring was complete.  Thanks for looking, and as always, your visit and comments are so appreciated!  I've added links to both challenges below, so please be sure to head on over and check out all the wonderful inspiration!



Until next time...

Stef



4 comments:

Paula Dobson said...

So beautiful!! You have combined the two challenges wonderfully. Your watercolouring is lovely. Thanks for playing at Global Design Project!

Jen Mitchell said...

Oh, wow this is so gorgeous! I guess the third time really is the charm because your flowers are so beautiful! Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

Natalie Lapakko said...

This is beautiful! I love that use of the Decorative Label Punch, so clever! I also love those bold colors together. Thanks for sharing your card with us!

Silke Ledlow said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! Love this floral design! Thank you for joining us!!!