Monday, March 7, 2016

Two for Color Challenge 573

Welcome back!  It's time again for the weekly Color Challange at Splitcoaststampers, where Mary has created a fun Bingo color chart.  Pick any horizontal, vertical or diagonal line, or chose the four corners.  "Dessert" is anything you chose.  I chose the diagonal of Pear Pizzazz, Whisper White, Bermuda Bay and Soft Sky.  {Edited to Add:  I goofed and added Pool Party dsp to the first card rather than Soft Sky}.

This week I ended up making two cards, one of which uses the wonderful sketch at Pals Paper Arts, and no dessert.




My first card, using the sketch challenge, was one of those where I had a "light bulb" moment.  I knew I wanted to use the Field Flowers stamp set, so I didn't think the sketch with the square would work.  Then the idea of using a frame to represent the square became the solution.


I had to take a bit of artistic license with the sketch, flipping the circle and the horizontal bar to fit the stamp.  Since the flowers are a 2 step stamping process, a Stampamajig was used to align them properly.  The frame was created with two layered sizes of Squares Collection framelits.  After the flowers were fussy cut and popped up on Dimensionals, I decided to use Clear Wink of Stella to add the lovely sparkle, which I hope can be seen better in the photo below.


My second card uses the Banner Blast stamp set to create a festive card with a banner draped across one corner.  It could really be used for a variety of celebrations with the sentiment from Circle of Spring.  For this card, "dessert" is the color gold.


Starting with a Bermuda base, the next layer of Whisper White embossed with the Boho Chic Textured Impression Embossing Folder.  The tiny banners were stamped in the challenge colors then cut out with the Banner punch.  The banners were attached to a length of Gold Baker's Twine with bows of Bermuda Bay twine added to each end.  The sentiment, stamped in Bermuda Bay on Whisper White, was punched out with the 7/8" Scallop Circle punch and layered on a 1 1/4" Scallop Circle of Soft Sky.  Both were then layered onto a Gold Metallic Foil Doily.  Finally sequins were added.

Thanks for your visit, and of course I'd love to hear you if you have a moment to leave a comment.  I've added links above to each challenge, so do be sure to use them to enjoy all the wonderful inspiration!

Hugs,

Stef


3 comments:

Patti MacLeith said...

Love how you used the square frame for the challenge! Thanks for joining us.

Ginger said...

Beautiful card Stef. The artistic placement of the pearls really adds the perfect touch. Thanks for playing with the PPA this week.

Linda Callahan said...

I love Field Flowers! Beautiful done in Bermuda Bay! So glad you joined us at PPA!