Sunday, January 17, 2016

Indian Summer

Hello again!  It's Monday night and time to share my card made for this week's Color Challenge at Splitcoaststampers (SCS). Maura is our hostess and she has chosen a glorious color combination of Melon Mambo, Pretty In Pink and Pumpkin Pie.  I {heart} these colors together!  I also used the current sketch challenge from SCS for my card design.





I went digging through my hefty stash of designer series paper (yes, I have admitted to being a bit of a dsp hoarder), and found some beautiful Basic Gray paper from the Indian Summer collection from a few years ago that is perfect for this challenge.  It was layered on a piece of Pumpkin Pie and a base of Melon Mambo.


Next came the embossed Vellum circle that was topped with a banners of Pretty In Pink satin ribbon (okay, a ribbon hoarder too!) and textured Pumpkin Pie card stock.  The Melon Mambo butterfly was cut out with a Butterflies Thinlit and covered with a layer of Clear Wink of Stella.  Obviously, using the butterfly precluded me from adding a Tall Greeting as the sketch indicated, so instead I added a sentiment on a small banner that was slipped under the Pumpkin Pie button on top of the butterfly.


Thanks so much for visiting!  Please join us at the SCS Color Challenge this week!  The links above will connect you to each challenge, so be sure to use them and check out all the wonderful cards!

Hugs,

Stef

No comments: