Sunday, October 25, 2015

Cards for the guys

Hello again!  I have a couple of birthday cards to share that I made this weekend for a couple of my co-workers.  The majority of my team members are men, so I often am scrambling to get cards ready for them, mostly because I'd rather make cards with flowers and bling {grin} or, like this time of year, making holiday cards.

The first card was made with fall colors, using the sweet Woodland embossing folder.  The embossed piece was made with Crumb Cake card stock a couple weeks ago.  I like the contrast with the trees brushed with Whisper White Craft ink. To finish it off today, leaves from Among the Branches were stamped in Cajun Craze and Crushed Curry between the trees.


I have in my "stash" some retired More Mustard card stock, saved just for this time of year, of which a piece was used for the card base. The Woodgrain background stamp was inked up with the same color and stamped on the base.  I like how subtle it looks behind the main panel.


The sentiment is from the long retired Afterthoughts stamp set.  It was stamped on Very Vanilla and punched out with the 1 3/4" circle punch, then adhered to a circle of Cajun Craze that had been cut with a Starburst framelit.  The finishing touch was a bit of Tangelo Twist Thick Twine I picked up for free during Sale-A-Bration this year.


Now for something completely different!  The colors (Bermuda Bay, Basic Gray and Cherry Cobbler) were derived from the retired Birthday Basics designer series paper used to create this birthday card.  I love the numbers going in different directions and in different colors, especially meaningful since the recipient is starting a new decade with this birthday. The great fonts in the Big News stamp set really set a fun tone.  The flag was stamped, snipped out, taped to a toothpick and adhered to the back of the sentiment panel.


Thanks for looking today - as always your visit and comments are so appreciated.  I hope you have a great week and I'll be back in a couple of days with another Christmas card to share.

Hugs,

Stef

No comments: