Sunday, January 19, 2014

Serene Thanks for Pals Paper Arts




Welcome back for the second half of the weekend.  I whipped together today's card using this weeks sketch at Pals Paper Arts.  It's a very versatile layout that one could either keep simple or add lots of layers.


I went middle of the road, adding some distressed looking designer paper on top of my Crumb Cake base.  I decided to go full out with the shabby/distress look and used the side of my scissors along all the edges.


When I saw the sketch I knew immediately I wanted to use the circular stamp from Serene Silhouettes.  It was stamped in Calypso Coral, cut out with a Circle Collection framelit and adhered to a scallop circle punched out in Old Olive.



The retired taffeta ribbon is from a few years ago when Stampin' Up! still called it Kraft rather than Crumb Cake.  It was tied up with some Hemp Twine and the sentiment attached with a Vintage Trinket safety pin.

Thanks for visiting and I'd love to hear from you if you have a moment to leave a comment.  I hope the rest of your day goes well! 

Hugs,

Stef


Product detail:
Stamps:  Serene Silhouettes, Fabulous Phrases
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Confetti Cream, Calypso Coral, Old Olive, Etcetera designer paper
Ink:  Calypso Coral, Old Olive
Other:  Victoria Crochet Trim, Hemp Twine, Circles Collection Framelit, Scallop Circle punch, Word Window punch, Vintage Trinket safety pin, Beautiful Wings Embosslit, Basic Pearls

7 comments:

Michelle Gleeson said...

Love the Shabby Chic look you a achieved with all the little details. Your a result is a beautiful card. Thanks for playing this week with the Pals.

Nancy B said...

Very eye-catching! I love the shabby distressed look as well as all the circle elements. Pretty card! Nancy B

Christine Blain said...

This is just lovely, Stef. I love the 'vintagey' elements (the distressed paper edges, the crochet trim). I must remember to use that lovely stamp - it's neglected, but oh-so-pretty.

Patti MacLeith said...

Sweet card. My fav part is how you made the cute tag from the Word Window punch! Thanks for playing at PPA!

Sandie Conner said...

Very vintage and lovely, great details. Thanks for having fun with the Pals this week.

Shirl said...

Lovely. This card looks larger than the usual size. Can you tell me the measurement, please.

Thank you
Shirley

Stef Perry said...

Hi, Shirley, thanks for dropping by! In answer to your question, this is a normal 4 1/4" by 5 1/2" card. I think it may look bigger due to photo size and that the embellishments and the main image are all somewhat small. Hope that helps!