Sunday, October 6, 2013

Thankful for Lovely Gifts

Hi there once again!  It's been a beautiful fall day here in Sherwood, the leaves are changing color but we have been blessed with clear skies and warm weather for the last couple of days and I've loved every second of it.  It's puts me in the mood to color fall images, so of course I have a card share with leaves I have colored with SU Watercolor Crayons.





As with many people I've started my fall holiday card mode of making Thanksgiving and Christmas cards.  This card was made for Friday Mashup, where the challenge is to fussy cut.  I used this week's sketch at the Deconstructed Sketch challenge for the layout.






The leaves were stamped on watercolor paper in Craft Early Espresso ink..I think!  I stamped them a while ago and frankly don't remember which ink I used.  I pulled out my Stampin' Up Watercolor Crayons, beginning with More Mustard, then layering a bit of Tangerine Tango, Cajun Craze and a tiny amount of Cherry Cobbler.  I then went over it again with additional More Mustard.


Coloring with crayons results in a much more subtle effect than with reinkers and a blender pen worked great.  When Stampin' Up retired the crayons in 2012, I decided to go ahead and buy them but they've remained relatively unused because I always seem to opt for reinkers when coloring.  But since they were so easy to use and control, I'm sure I will be reaching for them more often.

Well, that's it for today.  Thanks so much for taking a look and I'd love to hear from you if you have a moment to leave a comment.  I hope your week ahead is wonderful!

Hugs,

Stef


All products from Stampin' Up:
Stamps:  Lovely As a Tree, Gifts of the Earth, Thankful For...
Paper:  Pool Party, More Mustard, Soft Suede, Very Vanilla, Watercolor, Spice Cake designer paper
Ink:  Soft Suede, Crumb Cake
Accessories:  Window Frames & Circle Collections framelits, Woodgrain embossing folder, Paper Snips, Blender Pen, Watercolor Crayons, Pumpkin Pie Cordoroy button, Hemp Twine

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Beautiful card, those leaves are just gorgeous! I love the watercolor crayons and like you find them so easy to use. I reach for them all the time.

Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

Heidi Baks said...

Great job on hitting both part of the challenge (not so easy). The distressed edge of your paper give a real rustic feel to the card. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

Cindy Brumbaugh said...

This is just lovely, Stef. The ripped edges just seamlessly fall into the design of the card and those leaves- wonderful. Thanks for playing along at the Friday MashUp this week.

Lili said...

Beautiful card! I love the textures and layers. Great combination of colors. Thanks for playing along with us at the Friday Mashup this week!