Saturday, October 26, 2013

Festive Wishes

Hi there again!  I'm back with a card that was made for the sketch challenge at Splitcoast Stampers.  I loved the panels and thought it would make a fun Christmas card.


Wow, that's a blurry image.  I downloaded it from the SCS site, so I'm not sure why it's not a better picture, but you get the idea!




































I've been seeing these lovely big ribbons all over the Internet and decided this layout would work great to try one out.  I tilted the center panel and moved the sentiment the from top to bottom.  The Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding ribbon was perfect to use for the ribbon, along with Linen Thread and a Crumb Cake button.


The designer paper is Snow Festival from last year's Holiday catalogue.  I bought it late in the season and then never used much of it.  If you've been following my blog you know this year I've been making several Christmas cards with the current Winter Frost.  I felt the need for a change up to something brighter and this paper and the Gumball Green card stock really fits that bill LOL!!



The snowflake and sentiment are from Endless Wishes, one of Stampin' Up's new Photopolymer stamp sets.  I have found that I prefer rubber to clear stamps because my experience has been that many clear stamps from other manufacturers produce muddy images. However, I was very pleased to find that was not the case with this set, that the stamps inked up well and produced very clear images.  I'm really enamored with the fonts in the set and the ability to mix and match different phrases.  It's a keeper for sure!

Well, that's it for now.  Thanks so much for taking a look and I'd love to hear from you if you have a moment to leave a comment!

Hugs,

Stef

Product detail:
Stamps:  Endless Wishes
Paper:  Gumball Green, Cherry Cobbler, Baja Breeze, Whisper White, Snow Festival dp
Ink:  Cherry Cobbler, Baja Breeze
Accessories:  Springtime Vintage Designer Button, Stylish Stripes embossing folder, Corner Rounder and Scallop Oval punches, Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding ribbon, Linen Thread.

No comments: