Thursday, October 3, 2013

Festive Greetings

Welcome back and happy almost Friday!  The card I have to share tonight was made for Freshly Made Sketches.  The sketch brought to mind many options but driving home from work on Wednesday, I used the time in bad traffic to think about how I wanted to use this sketch and I came up with this idea PLUS it made the drive home a much better trip!

I pulled out some Glossy White paper and stamped the largest snowflake from the stamp set in Versamark ink, along with a sentiment along the bottom.  Both were then heat embossed with white embossing powder.


Bermuda Bay was brayered on the Glossy White panel, then wiped off with a piece of tissue.  A piece of Winter Frost designer paper was layered over Silver Glimmer Paper, placed across the main panel and wrapped with the new slim silver ribbon.


The gorgeous Frosted Finishes embellishment was the last and most gorgeous addition to the card.  My picture does not do justice to this embellishment...it is like icing on the cake!

I had fun making this card and I appreciate you dropping by to take a look.  If you have a moment to make a comment, I'd sure love to hear from you!  Otherwise I hope your Friday and the coming weekend bring you joy.

Hugs,

Stef


All products from Stampin' Up:
Stamps:  Festive Flurry, Greetings of the Season
Paper:  Smoky Slate, Whisper White, Glossy White, Silver Shimmer and Winter Frost designer paper.
Ink:  Bermuda Bay, Versamark
Accessories:  Frosted Finishes Embellishments, Silver 1/8" ribbon, White embossing powder, Brayer

5 comments:

Cindy Lovell said...

Beautiful! Looks so elegant! Love the big snowflake and the glitter!

Amy O said...

What a great way to spend your time stuck in traffic -- planning your evening card making! The emboss-resist technique turned out beautifully with this card. I haven't seen it done on the glossy white card stock before, and it definitely gives it a different, pretty look. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week!

Christine Blain said...

Oh, this is lovely, Stef! Love your take on the sketch - very creative.

Brenda in IN said...

That bermuda bay really sets this card apart. Love the embellishment.

Jen Timko said...

Gorgeous! The sparkle layer is so perfect and I love how you used the the Frosted Embellishment! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!