Saturday, September 21, 2013

Birthday Express

My second post today is for the sketch challenge at Freshly Made Sketches and the inspiration challenge at Stampin' Royalty.  What really grabbed me in the inspiration photo was the polka dots and the gray and yellow color palate.  When I saw the sketch at FMS, I thought it would be perfect to use with these colors.





Here's what I came up with:



The flag was stamped in Barely Banana with the Positively Chevron stamp, then mounted on a slightly larger piece of the same color paper.  The Basic Gray polka dot paper is from the retired Patterns Pack II.



The addition of the flourish in the corner was an afterthought.  I was originally going to put the sentiment there but I started playing around with it and thought they added a needed soft touch, along with the big bow.

So glad you could come by and take a look today!  Please leave a comment if you have a moment, I love hearing from you.

Have a wonderful evening!

Hugs,

Stef


All products from Stampin' Up:
Stamps:  Flowering Flourishes, Positively Chevron, Express Yourself
Paper:  Whisper White, Barely Banana, Patterns Pack II
Ink:  Barely Banana, Basic Gray
Accessories:  Subtles button, Two Tone ribbon, White Baker's Twine, Basic Rhinestone

2 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

These colors are terrific together! Love the added bow! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

Jen Brum said...

Lovely card Stef! Love that chevron piece! The ribbon and button are great accents! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!