Saturday, August 10, 2013

Notable Medley

Hello, once again!  It is a beautiful Saturday in Sherwood, Oregon, which I intend to go outside and enjoy after I share a card that was made for this week's Mojo Monday sketch.  It's a fun one with tilted panels.  Take a look:


I started out with some new Modern Medley designer paper - love the beautiful black and vanilla patterns, including polka dots, news print, sheet music and the lovely floral pattern below:


I paired these neutral colors with Primrose Petals, which I think adds a rich tone and is a bit more sophisticated than using a lighter pink (love pink and black together!).  The Coordinations panel was embossed with the Lacy Brocade folder and then sanded with the SU sanding block system.


Using the designer paper with musical notes of course prompted me to dig out my Notably Ornate stamp set, with the oval that says "Take Note".  Love the little pun!!  I popped the sentiment up on a flag with black candy dots and pearls on each side.  The flower is a lovely little number from Prima.


I plan on sending this to one of my girlfriends that I haven't seen in a while.  I think she will like the feminine touches with the lace and the flower.

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by and look!  If you have a moment, I'd love to hear from you.  I hope the remainder of your weekend is wonderful!  Come back by tomorrow, I should have another card to share.

Hugs,

Stef

All products from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted:
Stamps:  Express Yourself, Notably Ornate
Paper:  Primrose Petals card stock and Coordinations paper, Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Modern Medley designer paper
Ink:  Primrose Petals, Jet Black Stazon
Accessories:  Lacy Brocade embossing folder, Artisan Embellishments (ribbon and lace), Neutrals Candy Dots, Basic Pearls, Sanding Block, flower (Prima)






1 comment:

Kristie W. said...

This is so elegant! I think I may need to try out some of the coredinations cardstock, really love how it looks embossed!

Kristie
http://mypaperlife.com