Saturday, June 15, 2013

Sweet Birthday

Welcome back once again.  I have a card to share today that was made using the Mojo Monday sketch.  It's also for Fab Friday, where the challenge is to use all five of the new Stampin' Up In Colors, and I found it to be a bit of a challenge but managed to carry it off!

 
I started out with a Crisp Cantaloupe base, and adhered some Baked Brown Sugar designer paper from the new paper stack.  A Strawberry Slush cross piece is under a piece of Whisper White stamped with the new Positively Chevron background stamp that had been inked up in Coastal Cabana.

I really struggled to work in the Pistachio Pudding color.  I tried using some card stock but it really seemed to clash with the Coastal Cabana, so I finally decided to use it when I colored that cute little cupcake.  Check it out:


Yup, the little cupcake holder was colored in Pistachio Pudding.  Challenge solved!

I attached a piece of Crisp Cantaloupe Ruffled Stretch Trim to the bottom of the focal point, first because that ribbon is so darn cute and it helps to soften all things up, but also to tie the colors together more.  The top seemed somewhat bare (I am so not good with lots of white space!), so I added a Bitty Button, which was tied with Linen Thread and then topped with a Basic Rhinestone.


As you'll see in the link below, the sketch had what looked to me to be stitching around the outside.  Since I don't have a sewing machine, I did faux stitching paper piercing and a white Uniglo gel pen.

Here are the challenge links:





Well, this card was a challenge to appropriately balance all the colors with all the layers, but it was fun to make.  Thanks for looking today and please leave a comment if you have a moment, I'd love to hear from you!

Hugs,

Stef


All products by Stampin' Up:
Stamps:  Positively Chevron, Short & Sweet
Paper:  Crisp Cantaloupe, Strawberry Slush, Baked Brown Sugar, Coastal Cabana, Whisper White, BBS Designer Series paper pack
Ink:  Pistachio Pudding, Baked Brown Sugar, Strawberry Slush,
Accessories:  Polka Dot embossing folder, Scallop Trim Border punch, 7/8" and 1 1/4" Scallop Circle punches, Crisp Cantaloupe  Ruffle Stretch Trim, Bitty Buttons, Linen Thread, Blender Pen, Basic Rhinestones, Paper Piercing Pack Essentials, Piercing Tool White Uniglo gel pen








4 comments:

Christine Blain said...

Well done, you, for getting all those colours on there!! Love the tiny cupcake and tiny button; so sweet, Stef.

Amanda Mertz said...

Great sketch for incorporating all of our colors! I think you did a terrific job! The bitty button, faux stitching and ruffled trim are great accents! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

Bada-Bing Creations said...

Very nice! That sketch scares me but you did great, lol! All the colors work perfect with it and I love all the accents too! Thanks for playing at Fab Fri!

Brenda Myers said...

Very cute card!! Love the banners and ruffle!! Thank you for joining us at Fab Friday!!