Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Spice Cake Distressed Express

Happy Wednesday!  Tonight I have a kind of shabby/distressed birthday card to share.  I love the sketch over at retrosketches this week, so I knew I had to play along.  I think I say that often LOL!!  But there are many talented designers out there and it's just the best when you see a great sketch and it sparks your creativity.

Here's the sketch and link:



And my card:




































I started out with a base of Early Espresso Coordinations paper that was soundly sanded, then adhered a layer of the lovely Spice Cake designer paper (usin' up more of the retired dp!).  It was torn, distressed and sponged with Crumb Cake and Soft Suede before it was attached to the base.  The second layer of Soft Suede and more of the Spice Cake had the same distressing treatment, along with being punched with a Scallop Border punch.


Hello Doily was stamped in Pool Party on a Very Vanilla panel, which was then attached to a slightly larger piece of Early Espresso card stock.  The sentiment is from the new Hostess Set Express Yourself.  I love it because some of the sentiments fit nicely in the Word Window punch.

It's really weird how the Pool Party ribbon photographed; IRL it matches perfectly because it really is Pool Party (I checked before I tied it on).  But, no matter how I played with the photoshop, it came out looking more like Baja Breeze.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop and take a look, I appreciate your visit.  Hope the remainder of your week goes smoothly!

Hugs,

Stef


All products from Stampin' Up:
Stamps:  Hello Doily, Express Yourself
Paper:  Early Espresso Coordinations, Very Vanilla, Soft Suede, Pool Party, Spice Cake designer paper
Ink:  Pool Party, Early Espresso, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake
Accessories:  Bitty Banners framelit, Scallop Border and Word Window punches, Sanding Block, Pool Party Seam Tape ribbon, Antique Brads, Basic Pearls



2 comments:

Christine Blain said...

Stef, this is GLORIOUS!! Love the vintage look of this beautiful card; those papers are just gorgeous, aren't they? Love your choices of stamps and embellishments.

Linda Beeson said...

Yum on that amazing doily stamped in that wonderful color