Sunday, April 14, 2013

Thoughts of You

Hi there!  Welcome back and I hope you've had a good weekend.  I have a card for you that I made for the weekly challenge at Freshly Made Sketches. This sketch is one that really caught my eye.  Here's the sketch:



And here is my card:



Since we could choose any shape on the upper portion, I decided to use a tag.  The tag was cut out in Pool Party card stock with a tag die from Papertrey Ink, stamped with the Woodgrain stamp in the same color ink, then topped with designer paper from Graphic 45 and crochet trim from the Artisan Embellishments kit.  The tag die also comes with a reinforcement piece that was cut out in Calypso Coral.


The smallest stamp from Daydream Medallion was stamped in Calyso Coral and cut out with a Floral Frame Framelit, then topped with a silver Basic Button tied with Hemp Twine.  The sentiment is from Verve's Small Phrases, which was punched out with a Modern Label punch.

The designer paper is from the Secret Garden collection by Graphic 45.  I love the vintage images and was so amazed and pleased at how well the dp matches the Stampin' Up colors Pool Party and Calypso Coral.



Flower Trim atop more Crochet Trim separated the designer paper from the Lacy Brocade embossed Pool Party card stock.  I used retired Fire Circle Rhinestone brads down the left side of the embossed card stock.

I had planned to post this yesterday, but a family medical emergency drew me away.  My 11-year old grandson had an emergency Appendectomy, so it was a long afternoon Saturday at the hospital.  The surgery was a success, and his recovery should be short, thank heavens.  A pretty routine surgery, but I was still terribly nervous until I could see him afterwards!!  He's home today and should be back to his normal, rascally self by next Friday.

I'll be back later with another post.

Hugs,

Stef


All products from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted.
Stamps:  Daydream Medallion, Woodgrain, Small Phrases (Verve)
Paper:  Very Vanilla, Calypso Coral, Pool Party, Secret Garden Coming Up Roses (G45)
Ink:  Calypso Coral, Pool Party
Accessories:  Flower Trim, Artisan Embellishments kit, Modern Label punch, Floral frame Framelit, Lacy Brocade embossing folder, Basic Buttons-Silver, Hemp Twine, Very Vanilla Seam Tape ribbon, Calyson Coral, taffeta ribbon, Fire Circle Rhinestone brads, Tag Sale #6 (Papertrey Ink)

 

3 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Love the mix of colors and flowers! Pretty card! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

Jen Brum said...

What a beautiful card Stef! I love those fun colours! The tag is fabulous! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Sharon Wheet said...

Stef, what a gorgeous feminine card. Love the G45 pattern paper you selected. And the use of pool party and calypso coral cardstocks is just beautiful! good luck in this challenge.
hugs, sharon w.