Sunday, March 3, 2013

Mojo282 Flourished Birthday

Welcome on this lovely Sunday!  I've got a card for you today that I made for this week's sketch over at Mojo Monday.  I'm squeaking it in just under the deadline today.


I started with some scraps I had from other projects and everything just kind of came together, based on the color palate of the beautiful paper from Graphic 45.  It's part of an 8 x 8 pad of Olde Curiosity Shoppe paper I picked up at the local stamp and stationery store.  The colors are so rich and I was pleased to see that Cajun Craze and Summer Starfruit matched up perfectly with it.

I'm not crazy about Summer Starfruit, so I rarely use it, but it looks great with this Graphic 45 paper.  Here's a closer look:



The rosette was made by cutting a couple of pieces of the paper into 8" x 3/4" strip.  Just using one 8" length was not sufficient so I added a second and then trimmed off some of the length when I had the size rosette I wanted.  The Antique brad topped it off.



Black satin ribbon and black pearls finished off the embellishments.  I really struggled to place a sentiment on the card.  I tried using different sentiments from various stamp sets, and tried popping them up behind the flagged piece or putting it on top of the rosette, but none of it seemed to look right.  So I finally used my fallback birthday sentiment from Watercolor Trio and placed it in the bottom right corner.

That stamp set was from SU's spring catalogue about 4 years ago and the sentiment fonts are beautiful, so it is well used and well loved!

Thanks for taking time out of your day to drop by.  Hope the remainder of your weekend is wonderful!

Hugs,

Stef

All products from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted:
Stamps:  Flowering Flourishes, Watercolor Trio
Paper: Basic Black, Cajun Craze, Summer Starfruit, Olde Curiosity Shoppe (Graphic 45)
Ink:  Cajun Craze
Accessories:  Antique Brads, Fancy Fan embossing folder, Black Satin ribbon, Simply Scored, Black Pearls (Kaisercraft)




No comments: