Thursday, March 21, 2013

A Cup of Thanks

Hello again, hope your week is going well!  As I sit here writing this, outside the frogs are croaking at the top of their lungs, and earlier today, Spring really showed its arrival with on again, off again sunshine and dumping rain showers.  I'm really looking forward to the warmer weather, but not as much as friends in the Northeast...my goodness, it seems they are going to be buried in snow until June!

I'm very grateful for our temperate weather here in the Northwest US, so I guess sharing a thank you card on this post is appropriate!



The card today is for the wonderful sketch challenge over at Paper Players.  Here is the link:  (http://thepaperplayers.blogspot.com/) and here is the sketch:


I love this sketch; it has so many possibilities.  I decided to use a stamp set I have not used too often, Tea Shoppe.  I've used the big tea cup from the set a few times but never the little cups, so I thought it would be fun to cut them out and use on top of some punched layers.

Originally I was trying to work in a layer of Old Olive underneath the cups but it just didn't look right, so I ended up using a Very Vanilla doily punched out with the Doily Triple Layer punch, topped by a small Scallop Circle punch of Wisteria Wonder.


A stamp from French Foliage was inked in Wisteria Wonder, stamped off once and then stamped onto the scallop circles.  I cut the tea cups out with my paper snips and popped them up on dimensionals.

I stamped the flower from the Tea Shoppe set in Jet Black Stazon and the used a Blender pen and ink to color it.  After that, it was cut out with my paper snips (ooo, was that a delicate process with those skinny little stems!)

It's such a beautiful little flower, I really wanted it to highlight the sentiment, which was cut out with the Word Window punch.  A row of Basic Pearls added emphasis underneath.







I tried different ribbons, lace, etc. at the top, but in the end the Wisteria Wonder ruffled ribbon seemed to work the best.  A cute little button and some Linen Thread finished it off.




Thanks for dropping by today, I'd love to hear from you if you have time to leave a comment!

Hugs,

Stef


All products by Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted:
Stamps:  Tea Shoppe, French Foliage
Paper:  Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Elegant Eggplant, Wisteria Wonder card stock and In Color Paper Pack dp
Ink:  Elegant Eggplant, Wisteria Wonder, Old Olive, Stazon Jet Black
Accessories:  Wisteria Wonder Ruffled Ribbon, Regals button, Linen Thread, Doily Triple Layer, Word Window and 1 1/4" Scallop Circle punches, Blender pen, Paper Snips.


3 comments:

Amy O said...

Those tea cups are so sweet! I love the little flowers on the sentiment -- great job on cutting those out. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week!

Christine Blain said...

Stef, this is just lovely! Beautiful use of Wisteria Wonder, and I love the tiny flowers accenting the sentiment. Beautiful bow, too! :)

Justin said...

Great card! Your fussy cutting is superb! Thank you for joining us at the Paper Players this week!