Sunday, February 17, 2013

Thank You for Freshly Made Sketches








Do you love ribbon?  I think I have a minor obsession with really nice ribbon, although I don't always use it on my cards.  Stampin' Up came out with some lovely two-tone ribbon in their Spring Catalogue, wide, soft and easy to work with.  

I pulled out the Gray/Black combo ribbon and decided I would create my card around it today.





I used this week's sketch from Freshly Made Sketches for my card layout.  The big 1/2 circle focal area immediately gave me the idea of putting a big flower there.  Five punches out of So Saffron card stock with a Blossom punch, a couple squirts of water with my spritzer, a brad in the middle and scrunch away!


   

After it dried I spread out the petals a bit so you could clearly see the Antique Brad in the middle.

The base was stamped with the flourish from Everything Eleanor in Versamark and the sentiment on the tag is from Tiny Tags.  The sentiment was punched out with a 3/4" punch and popped onto the So Saffron scallop circle punch.

The strip across the card is a piece of Raspberry Ripple.  First it was put through the Big Shot with the Large Scallop Edgelit and then the ribbon was tied around it.  Then I found a remnant of white card stock already embossed and cut with the same Edgelit and thought is added a nice bit of texture and tied in the paper doily under the flower.




Speaking of which, after I made the card and went back to the FMS blog to find out the deadline to join the challenge, I realized the beautiful sample by Jennifer Timko also was gray with a paper doily.  Awwkk!!  It was not an intentional copy (really!! LOL)...plus she uses different colors and embellishments.  All I know is that I was enraptured with my new ribbon and this is what seemed perfect with the sketch.

Thanks for coming by today, I would love to hear from you if you have a moment to leave a comment.  Hope you have a great remainder of the weekend!

Hugs,

Stef

All products by Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted:
Stamps:  Everything Eleanor, Tiny Tags
Paper:  Basic Gray, Whisper White, Raspberry Ripple, So Saffron
Ink:  Raspberry Ripple, Versamark
Accessories:  Blossom, 3/4" circle, and 7/8" scallop circle punches, Antique Brad, Paper Doily, Two Tone Gray ribbon, Large Scallop Edgelit, Delicate Designs embossing folder, White Baker's twine.

4 comments:

Jen Timko said...

I love, love, love this big bow for the sketch!! So funny...I actually considered that ribbon before choosing the flowers. I guess that brilliant stampers think alike! ;-) Your big flower is beautiful! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Tui Nathan said...

Gorgeous card Stef ... that pretty floral and fabulous bow sets this card off beautifully!
Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

Jen Brum said...

This is a beautiful card Stef! I love that giant bow! I really wish I had ordered that ribbon! Love that yellow flower! Stands out so beautifully! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Callahan said...

The flower is lovely backed by the doily and the big bow is sweet!