Monday, February 18, 2013

From the Heart





I had need of a sympathy card for a male friend at work, so I pulled out my Serene Silhouettes stamp set.  This seemed like a perfect image.

I left the card very simple, stamping the birds in the trees and the sentiment in Jet Black Stazon ink.  The sentiment is from a retired Stampin' Up set called Holidays & Wishes.  I just love that font.  A piece of card stock punched with a scallop circle punch was randomly placed on the stamped piece and Tempting Turquoise was lightly sponged around it to give the effect of sky and clouds.




The black piece of card stock was embossed with the Stripes embossing folder and then I used my new Stampin' Trimmer to cut out the rectangle, adhering the stamped piece underneath.  While I love my guillotine-type paper cutter, the new trimmer allows you to pick up and cut within a piece of paper, which is very handy.  A silver button with black ribbon finished the card.

The Dynamic Duo challenge this week was to use Basic Black and Tempting Turquoise, with the "dessert" of adding clouds.  It was the perfect inspiration I needed to make my friend his card.

Thanks so much for dropping by!  I love hearing from you, so please take a minute to leave a comment.

Hugs,

Stef

All products from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted:
Stamps:  Serene Silhouettes, Holidays & Wishes
Paper:  Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise, Basic Black
Ink:  Jet Black Stazon, Tempting Turquoise
Accessories:  Basic Silver Button, Black 1/8" ribbon, Stripes embossing folder, 2 3/8" Scallop Circle punch, Stampin' Trimmer.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful sympathy card and perfect for a male friend. These are such hard cards to make..then add the fact that it's going to a guy..double hard! I'm sure he will love it. Thank you for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week.

Anonymous said...

This is so lovely - you used the colors perfectly for this sympathy card. I'm sure it will be appreciated by its recipient. Thank you so much for joining us at Dynamic Duos. ;-)

Jean McKenzie said...

This card is lovely Stef! It just looks like you are looking through a window at the birds. Really peaceful and perfect for a male.

Unknown said...

Your card is perfect for a sympathy card - the embossed stripes look very elegant and I love the cloudy sky behind the tree. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Dynamic Duos.